What is VMware?
VMware was founded by Diane Greene, Scott Devine, Mendel Rosenblum, Edward Wang and Edouard Bugnion, which launched its first product VMware Workstation in 1999 and released its second product in 2001 it is VMware ESX.
VMware is a subsidiary of dell technologies. It provides virtualization and cloud computing software.
Based upon bare-metal hypervisor ESX/ESXi in x86 architecture VMware developed its virtualization technologies.
A hypervisor is installed on the physical server with VMware server virtualization to allow for multiple virtual machines (VMs) to run on the same physical server.
We can run multiple Operating Systems on single physical server why because each virtual machine runs its own Operating System.
All virtual machines which are installed on single physical system are share resources like RAM and Network of the physical server.
Different Products from VMware:
- Desktop software
- Server software
- Cloud management software
- Application management Products
- Storage and Availability Products
- Networking and security products
Vmware Infrastructure And Usage Of Each Block:
VirtualCenter Server :
The central point for configuring, provisioning, and managing virtualized IT environments.
VMware Infrastructure Client (VI Client): An interface that allows users to connect remotely to the VirtualCenter Server or individual ESX Servers from any Windows PC.
VMware Infrastructure Web Access (VI Web Access): A Web interface that allows virtual machine management and access to remote consoles.
VMware Virtual Machine File System (VMFS): A high‐performance cluster file system for ESX Server virtual machines.
VMware Virtual Symmetric Multi‐Processing (SMP): Feature that enables a single virtual machine to use multiple physical processors simultaneously.
VMware VMotion™ and VMware Storage VMotion:
VMware VMotion enables the live migration of running virtual machines from one physical server to another with zero downtime, continuous service availability, and complete transaction integrity. VMware Storage VMotion enables the migration of virtual machine files from one data store to another without service interruption.
VMware High Availability (HA) :
The feature that provides easy‐to‐use, cost‐effective high availability for applications running in virtual machines. In the event of server failure, affected virtual machines are automatically restarted on other production servers that have spare capacity.
VMware Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS):
The feature that allocates and balances computing capacity dynamically across collections of hardware resources for virtual machines. This feature includes distributed power management (DPM) capabilities that enable a data center to significantly reduce its power consumption.
VMware Consolidated Backup (Consolidated Backup): Feature that provides an easy‐to‐use, centralized facility for agent‐free backup of virtual machines. It simplifies backup administration and reduces the load on ESX Servers.
VMware Infrastructure SDK: Feature that provides a standard interface for VMware and third‐party solutions to access the VMware Infrastructure.
· VMware ESX Server is the building block of VMware Infrastructure
· VMware Virtual SMP provides Multi-processor virtual machines for demanding workloads
· VMware VMFS enables innovative distributed services
· VMware VirtualCenter manages all VMware Infrastructure
· VMware VMotion enables the live migration of virtual machines across hosts
· VMware DRS enables 80% utilization with guaranteed service levels
· VMware HA provides easy to use, cost-effective high availability
· VMware Consolidated Backup delivers LAN-free backup with zero downtime
· VMware Infrastructure 3 is available in Starter, Standard and Enterprise editions
Advantages of VMware Infrastructure:
· VMware Infrastructure Lowers Costs
· Implement Server Consolidation and Containment while Maximizing Server Utilization
· Enable Enterprise-wide Standardization
· Reduce Business Unit to IT Coordination Costs
· Streamline Software Development & Testing
· Enable Enterprise-wide Standardization
· VMware Infrastructure Simplifies Management
· Streamline IT Operations and Increase Administrator Productivity
· Securely Centralize Datacenter Management
· Ensure Consistent Server Builds
· Simplify Legacy Software Migration
· VMware Infrastructure Increases Agility
· Improve Success Rates for Patch Roll-outs
· Instantly Provision New Servers
· Deploy Virtual Appliances to Simplify Change Management
· Isolate Faults and Security at the Hardware Level
· Enable All Applications to Benefit from High-End Hardware Performance and Reliability Gains
· Provide Advanced Business Continuity Protection with Simple & Rapid Disaster Recovery
· Enable Zero-downtime Maintenance
· Deliver Utility Computing to Business Units with Guaranteed Service Levels
Why should we learn VMware?
· Everything is changing to Virtualization.
· VMware is one of the biggest vendors in the virtualization
· The demand for VMware skills is high
· You’ll benefit from testing and snapshots
· It offers Fault Tolerance (FT) and High Availability (HA)
What Will You Learn After Completion Of The Course?
At the end of the VMWare training, you will be able to perform,
- Virtualization techniques
- Vmware vspear 6
- Implementation & administrating the VMWare virtualization environment
What are the Prerequisites for VMware Training?
Our Experienced trainers will teach from basics if you have Knowledge in windows admin and Operating system is an added advantage for this course.
Course Finished Certificate :
After finish, the course we provide VMware course finished certificate of kits technologies looks like