What is Testing?
- The process of identifying the bugs in software (project/product) is known as “Testing”.
- The Test Engineer has to cross check (validate) whether the developed software is as per the client’s requirements or not. He is responsible to deliver quality software to the client.
Note: The main responsibility of the test engineer is, he has to check (validate) whether the developed application (software) is useful for the end user or not.
Bug: The deviation from the requirement is known as the bug or defect.
Quality: Justification of all the client requirements with user-friendliness and security is known as quality.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT LIFE CYCLE(SDLC):
It consists of the below phases,
- Requirement Phase
- Analysis Phase
- Design phase
- Coding Phase
- Testing phase
- Delivery and Maintenance Phase.
They are of three types
- Black box testing
- White box testing
- Grey box testing
Black box testing:
If the resource is performing testing on the functional part of the application then he will be treated as “Black box tester”.
Functional part means whether the developed application is as per the client’s requirements or not. Testers will perform black box testing in a test environment and stage env (Pre-production env)
White box testing:
If the resource is testing the structural part (programming) of the application, then he will be treated as “white box tester”. Developers are responsible for white box testing in the development environment.
Grey box testing:
If the resource is having the experience on both testings (white box testing and black box testing). Then he will be treated as “Grey box tester”.
LEVELS OF TESTING:
If one project has to go from the signoff stage to live (production), it has to undergo the below levels of testing.
- Unit level of testing
- Module level testing
- Integration level of testing
- UAT(User acceptance testing)
- System testing
SOFTWARE TESTING LIFE CYCLE:
It contains the below phases:
- Software test plan.
- Software test design.
- Test Execution.
- Result analysis.
- Reporting & BLC.
- Delivery and maintenance.
- Test summary report/ Build postmortem report.
Why should you learn software testing?
- “Software testing to be a $34 Billion market by 2017 – hcltech.com”
- “Software tester in the United States can earn $76,000 – indeed.com”
Software testing is a part and parcel of any organization that is into software development. Vigorous testing of software is needed today since software is so critical to the functioning of any business. Since most academic curriculum includes software development but not software testing, this course can give you an added advantage to land the best jobs in the software sphere.
What will you learn in this Software Testing Training Course?
- The basic framework of Software Testing, use cases, and Related Terminology
- Design various test cases and understand the techniques involved
- Test for various configurations and manage the risk involved
- Learn the skills needed for identifying and preventing defects
- Gain expertise in Bugzilla test management tool
- Learn about log defect identification
- Study automation tools like QTP, Selenium, and Lifecycle of Metrics
Who should take this software testing training course?
- Software developers, engineers, managers, and analysts
- QA engineers, technicians and testers
- Professionals from any field who want to gain expertise
- Graduates who want to go for a career in software testing
What are the Prerequisites to learn software testing training course?
Our Experienced trainers will teach from basics, if you have a basic idea On Computer is an added advantage for this course.
Course Finished Certificate :
After finish, the course we provide Testing Tools course finished certificate of kits technologies looks like