WHAT IS SPLUNK?
Splunk is an advanced technology that shows and extracts log files stored in a system. It provides operational intelligence by analyzing machine-generated data.
“More than 6,000 enterprises, universities, government agencies and service providers in over 90 countries use Splunk Enterprise to gain Operational Intelligence”-Hortonworks
It is a technology which provides a platform for analysis, monitoring, searching and visualizing the bulk amount of system generated data.
It simply works with the help of the web browser and algorithm.
HISTORY OF SPLUNK:
- Splunk was introduced by Rob Das and Eric Swan in the year 2002.
- Splunk name came after the term “lunk.ing”
- In the middle of 2004, the first version of the Splunk was launched. Steadily it spread among the companies.
BLOCK DIAGRAM OF SPLUNK:
ADVANTAGES OF SPLUNK:
- It started working as the ‘Google’ for log files.
- Searches using simpler terms with the help of Search Processing Language (SPL).
- Does not require any backend or any database as it stores data directly in the Splunk file system.
- Not a single point of failure is encountered.
WHO SHOULD LEARN SPLUNK?
For Analytics Managers, Machine Learning Professionals and System Administrators Splunk is the most suitable course.
Beginners also can easily learn Splunk course.
It requires no technical background to learn this course. It requires only a bachelor Degree.
HOW WILL SPLUNK HELP YOU IN CAREER GROWTH?
With the landscape of huge knowledge ever-changing each alternative day, various technologies area unit coming back in limelight. but few of them have created a mark with their performances. It’s one in all such booming technologies. Its growing demand and suitableness to candidates having various instructional backgrounds make it a horny field of opportunities. Therefore if you wish to create a career within the domain of information analytics, learning this technology will certainly make sure your success in future.
“In USA, the average Splunk salaries for job postings nationwide are 80% higher than average salaries for all job postings nationwide”-indeed.com
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF SPLUNK ADMINISTRATOR:
- Support, maintain and expand Splunk infrastructure in a highly resilient configuration
- Standardized Splunk agent deployment, configuration, and maintenance across a variety of UNIX and Windows platforms
- Troubleshoot Splunk server and agent problems and issues Monitor the agent and server infrastructure for capacity planning and optimization
- Design core Systems performance and troubleshooting logs
- Support Splunk on Unix, Linux, and Windows-based platforms
- Research, design, evaluate and recommend major hardware and software enhancements for the infrastructure environment
- Interpret and implement system standards, processes and security specifications to maintain System IT standards
- Maintains expertise in specific technical disciplines and serves a subject matter expert
WHAT ARE PREREQUISITES FOR SPLUNK TRAINING?
Prerequisite knowledge on Search Engines and knowledge on windows operating system helpful during the Splunk Online Training.
COURSE FINISHED CERTIFICATE :
After finish, the course we provide Splunk course finished certificate of kits technologies looks like