What is Office 365?
Office 365 is one of the cloud services. It comes under Software as a service (SAAS) could service. Office 365 like a suit it consists of the number of products and services. These components are managed and configure through a simple online portal.
Office 365 is a web-based subscription service that gives you anywhere access to MS office tools and applications such as word, excel, access, Publisher, Outlook and Powerpoint.
History of Office 365:
Office 365 is not Microsoft’s first cloud platform. In fact, Microsoft got into the cloud application game in 2005 when it started to provide a managed service for Exchange to some customers. The first public information about this effort appeared in October 2007 when Microsoft announced “Exchange Labs”. Among other features, Microsoft said that Exchange Labs supported 5 GB mailboxes and used SSL to secure client communications. The commercial launch followed when Microsoft brought this effort forward into Business Productivity Online Services (BPOS), launched in 2008. BPOS included Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Office Communications Server Online (an ancestor of Skype for Business), Forefront (anti-virus), and Office Live Meeting. Collectively, this set of applications was referred to as Microsoft Online Services. The technology used by BPOS was an adapted form of the software sold at the time to on-premises customers as Exchange 2007, SharePoint 2007, and so on. The big difference between Office 365 and BPOS is the stability and robustness of the current platform, largely due to the maturity of the workloads now running inside Office 365 combined with a highly developed automation framework to orchestrate operations. In a nutshell, BPOS was an example of how to take software designed to be deployed in a traditional on-premises environment and bend it so that it functioned in a multi-tenant infrastructure accessed through the Internet. The problem was that “bending” the software often made things break simply because the software was not designed to cope with the stresses and pressures generated by large-scale multi-tenant operations. Office 365 is built around software designed with the unique demand of cloud-scale operations in mind, so its delivery and reliability record is much better than BPOS ever managed.
What can I do with Office 365?
Depending on the level of subscription selected, you may be able to:
- Work from anywhere using your PC, Mac or mobile device
- Create a website that is specific to your organization and customizes it to promote your company brand
- Collaborate on project documents with SharePoint, file sharing is fast and simple and users can access files from almost anywhere
- Access emails, look up contacts and share calendars from wherever you are
- Host online conference meetings with real-time note taking, screen sharing and HD video conferencing
- Access, edit and share Excel, Word, and PowerPoint documents from your mobile device using Office Web Apps.
What are the Flexibilities with Office 365?
- Office 365 is easy to set up and receives automatic updates
- Your files are automatically backed up online
- Office 365 has built-in anti-malware protection and spam filters
- Round-the-clock IT-level web and phone support is available
- Guaranteed 99.9% uptime
With SkyDrive, you can store and access files from anywhere, and set permissions so that you can control who accesses and edits what.
Why should we learn Office 365?
- Simple user interface
- Role-based access control
- Identity federation (eliminate sign-in client)
- Multi-factor authentication support
- Remove scale limitation
“Cloud computing is the next big thing, it is the wave of the future. Most new software being built today is for the cloud. Today, there is a limited pool of people who know how to build and operate “so it is best to go with Office 365 to get immediate placement.
What are the limitations for Office 365 Administrator?
- Has full permissions for billing tasks and read-only permissions for company objects (domains, users)
- Receives notifications for billing events.
- Includes full permissions to the company
- Is the role assigned to the initial user created when signing up.
- Can assign admin permissions to other users
- Password admin can reset Passwords.
- Has red only permission to all company objects and has reset password privileges.
- Cannot reset the password to tenant, billing and user account admins
User management Admin:
- Has red only permission to all company objects and has user administration permissions.
- Cannot change billing and tenant admin
What are the Certifications Available in Office 365?
- ISO 27001
- SOC 2 Type 1
- EU Safe Harbor
- Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements 16, which is the
- successor to SAS 70 and ISAE 3402
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
What are the Prerequisites to learn Office 365?
Our Experienced trainers will teach from basics, if you have a basic idea of Operating Systems, Knowledge of Virtualization, Knowledge of Networking is an added advantage for this course.
Course Finished Certificate :
After finish, the course we provide Office 365 course finished certificate of kits technologies looks like